The Apple iPhone provides on-the-go access to convenient applications that facilitate our lives in a number of ways. When it comes to fitness and weight loss, the iPhone offers the same mobile convenience, complete with applications that count calories, estimate body fat, coach workouts, track running routes, guide yoga sessions, and more. To discover the iPhone application that will help you stay in shape, check out the following top seven iPhone apps for fitness and weight loss.
1. LIVESTRONG.COM Calorie Tracker – Realize your weight loss and fitness goals by tracking both daily calories consumed through diet and calories burned during exercise. Simply set your weight loss goal to determine a daily calorie target and gain access to The Daily Plate’s extensive database of over 525,000 foods, complete with nutritional information like total fat, carbohydrate, protein, sugar, cholesterol content and more. You can also search more than 2,000 fitness activities to determine actual calories burned as well as your net calorie balance for the day. Available for the iPhone for just $2.99, LIVESTRONG.COM Calorie Tracker is one of the best on-the-go tools to lose weight.
2. 40•30•30 – Did you know that there are nine calories in one fat gram, and only four calories in a gram of protein or carbohydrate? If not, then you probably do not know enough about the nutritionist recommended 40•30•30 carbohydrate/protein/fat ratio. The 40•30•30 iPhone application ensures a healthy balance of the three main macronutrients (carbohydrates, protein and fat), without the need for calculators or number crunching. Simply enter the grams of each macronutrient as they appear on the Nutrition Facts label and determine the percentage ratio in just seconds. Your daily goal is to achieve a balanced diet complete with 40% carbohydrates, 30% protein and 30% fat.
3. iPump FITNESSBUILDER – Complete with audio coaching, over 400 workouts and more than 4,000 male and female exercise images and videos, iPump FITNESSBUILDER for the Apple iPhone is an extremely versatile and useful fitness app. iPump FITNESSBUILDER features two free full body workouts targeting all the major muscle groups in the body, designed in a specific order to help you gain strength, increase endurance and lose weight. In addition, you will gain access to sample exercises from 19 other iPump applications and educational information on fitness facts & myths, and exercise philosophy. Track and log your reps, sets and rest intervals while listening to your favorite workout music, and email your progress to friends and family members, all in one great iPhone app.
4. StepTrakLite – A free pedometer app for the iPhone, StepTrakLite offers a useful and original application ideal for hiking or simply for keeping track of long walks. Accurately count every step you take in real time and StepTrakLite will classify each step as “vigorous” or just normal. Record walking steps, running steps and total steps taken to track with 100% confidence.
5. iMapMyRun – Embrace the built-in GPS technology of your iPhone 3G to track runs in real time while displaying elements such as time, distance, pace, speed and elevation. View both your current location and where you have traveled via an interactive map or manually record indoor gym activities such as treadmill running. All data from your run uploads automatically to MapMyRun.com where you can view your route, run data, and view a comprehensive workout history. iMapMyRun also supports Twitter integration, so you can tweet your runs to family members and friends.
6. Prt-Yoga Lite – Realize an unparalleled yoga experience with pose-by-pose, breath-by-breath instruction from Kathleen Kastner, your personal guru. Complete with meticulously designed yoga sequences, Prt-Yoga Lite for the Apple iPhone will guide you through your yoga journey in discovering the beauty and joy of this popular fitness art. Change your body and the way you think while deepening your connection to yourself with the help of Prt-Yoga Lite.
7. 2Fat – Ideal for the body fat conscious, 2Fat is a simple, intuitive iPhone application that calculates body mass index (BMI) and body fat percentage. Complete with useful and helpful features including metric support, BMI categories and easy-to-use scroll wheels, 2Fat is the convenient, accurate way to estimate body fat.